This E-commerce Vendor Agreement is made this ……………day of …………………………… 2017 between, Isabi Market Ltd, of No 88 Transit Village 5, Adetokunbo Ademola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos(hereinafter called the “the Company” which expression shall where the context so admits include its successors in-title and assigns) of the first part
XYZ of ……………………………………….(hereinafter referred to as “the Vendor” which expression shall where the context so admits include its successors in-title and assigns) of the second part.
The Company and the Vendor are hereinafter collectively referred to as “the Parties” and individually as “Party”.
- The Company owns “Isabi Market” located at the following URL: http://www.isabimarket.com hereinafter referred to as the “Isabi Market WebSite” and has many registered users to whom the Company offers various services.
- The Vendor is engaged in ……………………….
- The Vendor is desirous of setting up an online store on Isabi Market Shopping Website and has offered to sell its products through the said online store while the Company has agreed to create the said online store upon the following terms and conditions.
IT IS HEREBY AGREED AS FOLLOWS:
For the purpose of this Agreement, the following words and phrases shall have the meaning assigned to them under this Article.
- “Company” shall mean Isabi Market Ltd.
- “Customer” shall mean any individual, group of individuals, firm, company or any other entity placing an order for the Products of the Vendor through the Online Store.
- “Price” shall mean the cost at which the Products are to be delivered to the Customer inclusive of shipping charges, if any.
- “Effective Date” shall mean the date on which this Agreement is executed.
- “Form” shall mean Form for E-commerce Service Agreement to be filled in and executed by the Vendor at the time of execution of this Agreement annexed hereto as Annexure “A”.
- “The Vendor” shall mean the entity incorporated or otherwise more specifically described hereinabove, which sells its products through the Online Store and more particularly described in the attached “Form”.
- “Online Store” shall mean a virtual electronic store created on the Isabi Market Shopping online portal for sale of the Vendor’s Products either through web site of the Company or any other gadget or instrument displaying the particulars of the Vendor’s Products available for sale, or any other means by which the Customer places an order for the Product of the Vendor.
- “Order” shall mean an order for purchase of products wherein customer has agreed to purchase the product upon the terms and conditions and at the Price indicated on the online store of the Vendor.
- “Products” shall mean merchandise items of the Vendor put up for sale on the Online Store by the Vendor.
- “Package” Package shall mean classification of company services to vendor
- “Price” means the sale price of a product inclusive of delivery charges and applicable taxes.
- “Proposal” means a document that shows letter of intent and services to be rendered.
- “Isabi Market” means an online platform owned and operated by the Company that facilitates the shopping transaction between the Vendor and the Customer.
- “Service” shall be what the company renders.
- “Shipping Charges” shall mean the logistics/courier/postal charges including all taxes incurred for delivering the product(s) to the Customer.
- “Shipment Cost” shall mean the cost and taxes recovered by the Company from the Vendor per order for handling the logistics.
- “Sign-up Fees” shall mean the non-refundable fees payable by the Vendor at the time of execution of this Agreement towards the initial creation of online store.
- “Service charge” shall mean the margin per transaction charged by the Company to the Vendor at the rates agreed to between the parties, upon the sale of product on online store.
- The Company shall offer to the Vendor its services for facilitating online sale of the Vendor’s product which shall include hosting and technology, customer support, payment services and other related services to ensure customer satisfaction on behalf of the Vendor. For this arrangement, the Vendor shall pay service charges as specified under these presents, to the Company for the sale being effected through the Online Store created on the Isabi Market Shopping website of the Company.
- Consideration and Payment Terms
- Vendor shall make the payment for Sign-up fees as specified in schedule “A” for the creation of Online Store at the time of execution of this Agreement. Payment of Sign up fees shall be made 100% in advance corresponding with Package chosen unless specified. The service tax if any shall be charged by the Company, at the applicable rates.
- The said sign-up fee is a non- refundable fee for the creation of Online Store. The said Online store shall be displayed on the Isabi Market Shopping website during the subsistence of this Agreement.
- The Company shall collect Payment on behalf of the Vendor in respect of the Orders received through Online Store. In consideration of the services rendered under the Package, the Company shall charge the Service charges to the Vendor at the rates specified by the Company in the Proposal. The Company shall pay the Vendor an amount recovered as Price minus the sum of shipping charges, service charges and shipment cost in respect of approved order(s) through the Online Store. The shipment cost will be levied at N1000per transaction The said Shipment cost will be independent of the Quantity shipped for a transaction by a particular customer. However, in the event, the Vendor handles the Shipment of the Products; the Company shall pay to the Vendor an amount recovered as Price minus the service charges. Any amount to be paid to the Vendor by the Company shall be paid net of reversals.
- In the event any order is reversed due to “Damaged product”, “Quality Issue”, “Not delivered” or “Wrong Item delivered”, Vendor agrees that the Company shall levy the Service charges, plus a penalty of the service charge of the product (up to a maximum limit of N1000) and the said charges will be deducted from the amount due and payable to Vendor.
- Further, Company shall debit the Service charges (up to a maximum limit of N1000) to the Vendor in the event the product cannot be delivered by the Vendor due to “out of stock” and in such an event Vendor shall be liable to bear all the cost and claims (including cost of legal proceedings, cost of attorneys, claims, etc.) raised against the Company.
- Payment reimbursement of the Sale Proceeds to Vendor shall be done by Company in the following manner:
- Vendor shall prepare a consolidated advice list of all orders delivered to the customer, 5 times in a month for every 7 days.
- Company shall within 7 working days of receipt of advice process the amount due to Vendor and dispatch the Cheques / Demand draft favouring “________________________” / on line transfers.
- The Company shall deduct charges as specified in sub-clause 4 above and agreed with the Vendor from the total amount collected as Price for the orders received by the Vendor through online store.
- Vendor agrees to bear all the applicable taxes duties, or other similar payments (including VAT) arising out of the sales transaction of the product through the online store and Isabi market Ltd. shall not be responsible to collect, report, or remit any taxes arising from any transaction.
- Obligations of the Vendor
- On the creation of Online Store of Vendor, the Vendor shall through the interface provided by the Company upload the product description, images, disclaimer, delivery time lines, price and such other details for the products to be displayed and offered for sale through Isabi Market Administrative Portal.
- Vendor shall provide full, correct, accurate and true description of the product to the administrative portal.
- Vendor shall be solely responsible for the quality, quantity, merchantability, guarantee, warranties in respect of the products offered for sale through their online store.
- Vendor shall at all times check the status of approved orders and respond as appropriate.
- On receipt of the approved order, Vendor shall dispatch / deliver the products within a period not exceeding 24 hours or within the time as specified in the product description on its online store.
- In respect of the orders for Products placed through the Online Store, Vendor shall submit proof of dispatch to the satisfaction of Company within 24 hours of the request made by Company.
- In the event the products are not accepted by the Customer due to any wrong / damaged products dispatched, the same shall be replaced by the Vendor at no extra cost to the aggrieved customer. Since the Company is a Facilitator, the Vendor hereby authorises the Company to entertain all claims of return of the Product in the mutual interest of the Vendor and the Customer.
- Vendor shall update the Order Status including Airway Bill Number on a daily basis,
- The Vendor shall not send any of its promotional or any other information with the Products ordered by the customer and also shall ensure that no material or literature is sent which may be detrimental to the business/commercial interests of the Company,
- The Vendor shall dispatch the Products of same description, quality and quantity and price as are described and displayed on the Online Store and for which the Customer has placed the order.
- Vendor shall raise invoice in the name of Customer. Vendor further undertakes and agrees to raise the invoice of an amount equivalent to the amount displayed on the online store to the customer and paid by/charged to the customer.
- The Vendor shall not offer any Products for Sale on the Online Store, which are prohibited for sale, dangerous, against public policy, banned, unlawful, illegal or prohibited under the Nigerian laws.
- The Vendor shall ensure that they own all the legal rights in the Products that are offered for sale on the Online Store. The Vendor hereby warrants that it has legal rights to trade in the goods or provide the services offered for sale on the Online Store.
- The Vendor shall pass on the legal title, rights and ownership in the Products sold to the Customer.
- Vendor shall be solely responsible for any dispute that may be raised by the customer relating to the goods and services provided by the Vendor.
- The Vendor shall at all time during the pendency of this agreement endeavor to protect and promote the interests of the Company and ensure that third parties rights including intellectual property rights are not infringed.
- The Vendor shall at all times be responsible for compliance with all applicable laws and regulations including but not limited to Intellectual Property Rights and Tax laws.
- Vendor agrees and undertakes not to upload any text, images, graphics (for description and display of product on the online store) that is vulgar, obnoxious, inaccurate, false, incorrect, misleading, intimidating, against the public policy.
- The product liability shall solely vest with Vendor who shall be solely responsible to the customer for the sale of its Product including but not limited to its delivery to the Customer. The Vendor shall not raise any claim on the Company in this regard.
- Rights of the Company
- Vendor agrees and acknowledges that the Company, at all times during the continuance of this Agreement, shall have the right to remove/block/delete any text, graphic, image(s) uploaded on the online store by the Vendor without any prior intimation to Vendor in the event the said text, image, graphic is found to be in violation of law, breach of any of the terms of this Agreement, terms and conditions of Isabi Market Shopping Website. In such an event, the Company reserves the right to forthwith remove/close the online store of the Vendor without any prior intimation or liability to the Vendor.
- At any time if the Company believes that the services are being utilized by the Vendor or its Customer in contravention of the terms and provisions of this Agreement or the Terms and conditions of use of Isabi Market Shopping, the Company shall have the right to discontinue/terminate the said service(s) to Customer or the End user as the case may be, without any liability.
- The Vendor hereby indemnifies the Company, its directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from and against all losses, damages, claims, suits, legal proceedings and otherwise arising from or in connection with any claim including but not limited to claim for any infringement of any intellectual property rights or any other rights of any third party or of law, concerning quality, quantity and any claim in relation to the Vendor’s product, the breach of any of the Vendor’s warranties, representations or undertakings or in relation to the non-fulfillment of any of its obligations under this Agreement or arising out of the Vendor infringing any applicable law. For the purpose of this clause reference to the Company shall also include the Mobile Operators and such other agencies through whom the Company shall make the Online Store available to the Customers.
- The Company agrees to indemnify the Vendor in respect of all claims losses and expenses (including the cost of litigation if any) arising out of any breach or default part of the Company to perform its obligations under this Agreement.
- This article shall survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement.
- Company not Liable
- The Company on the basis of representation by the Vendor has created the online store of the Vendor on Isabi Market Shopping portal to enable Vendor to offer the Vendor’s products for sale through the said Online Store. This representation is the essence of the Contract.
- The Vendor agrees and acknowledges that the Company shall under no circumstances be liable or responsible for any loss, injury or damage to the Vendor, or any other party whomsoever, arising on account of any transaction under this Agreement or as a result of the Products being in any way damaged, defective, in unfit condition, infringing/ violating any laws / regulations / intellectual property rights of any third party.
- Vendor shall be solely liable for any claims, damages, allegation arising out of the Products offered for sale through its online store (including but not limited to quality, quantity, price, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or any other related claim) and shall hold the Company harmless and indemnified against all such claims and damages.
- Further the Company shall not be liable for any claims, damages arising out of any negligence, misconduct or misrepresentation by the Vendor or any of its representatives.
- The Vendor hereby agrees, confirms and acknowledges that the Product is owned by the Vendor and that the Company is merely a facilitator for sale of the Vendor’s Product, hence the Company is not responsible/ liable for the Product, its design, its function and condition manufacturing and selling and financial obligations, warranties, guarantees whatsoever. The Company reserves its right to state appropriate Disclaimers on its website/ online store.
- Term, Termination and effects of Termination
- The Term of this Agreement shall commence on the date of execution of the contract and shall continue for a period of 12 months unless terminated earlier.
The Agreement may be extended for such further period as may be mutually agreed by the parties hereto in writing to this effect.
This Agreement may be terminated by the Company in the event that:
- Vendor fails to make payment of the agreed amount, by giving 48 hours written notice,
- Vendor commits a material breach of any representation, obligations, covenant, warranty or term of this agreement and the same is not rectified within 7 days after written notice is given by the Company.
- a Petition for insolvency is filed against the Vendor.
- the Vendor is in infringement of the third party rights including intellectual property rights.
- This Agreement may be terminated by either party giving the other 30 days written notice.
- Effect of Termination:
In the event of termination/expiry of this Agreement, the Company shall remove the Links and shall discontinue display of the Products on Online store with immediate effect.
Company shall not be liable for any loss or damages (direct, indirect or inconsequential) incurred by the Vendor by virtue of termination of this agreement. During the period under notice both the parties shall be bound to perform its obligations incurred under this agreement and this sub-clause shall survive the termination of this agreement.
- Any dispute arising out of or related to or connected with any provisions under this Agreement shall be referred to the arbitration of a single arbitrator to be appointed jointly by the parties.
- In the event that the Parties are unable to appoint a single Arbitrator, each party shall appoint its arbitrator
- The arbitration shall be conducted in Nigeria in accordance with the extant Arbitration and Conciliation Act for the time being in force.
- The language of arbitration shall be English.
- The arbitration shall be held at Lagos, Nigeria.
- The award of the arbitrator(s) shall be final and binding on the parties.
- Jurisdiction and Governing law
- The obligations, performance, interpretation and contents shall be governed by Nigerian law.
- Subject to the provisions of negotiation and arbitration each Party irrevocably and unconditionally submits to the jurisdiction of Courts at Lagos.
All notices and other communication under this Agreement shall be in writing and in English and either delivered by hand or sent by electronic mail or courier in each case to the addresses set out at the beginning of this Agreement.
- Intellectual Property Rights
It is expressly agreed and clarified that, except as specified agreed in this Agreement, each Party shall retain all right, title and interest in their respective trademarks and logos and that nothing contained in this Agreement, nor the use of the trademark/logos on the publicity, advertising, promotional or other material in relation to the Services shall be construed as giving to any Party any right, title or interest of any nature whatsoever to any of the other Party’s trademarks and / or logos.
- Entire Agreement
This Agreement embodies the entire agreement and understanding of the Parties and supersedes any and all other prior agreements, arrangements, representation and understandings (whether written or oral) between the Parties with respect to its subject matter.
Neither this Agreement nor any part of it is assignable, transferable, sub-licensable, sub contractible or conveyable by Vendor, either by operation of law or otherwise, without the express, prior, written consent of the Company.
Vendor agrees and undertakes to maintain the confidentiality of the information and user/customer data disclosed, generated or made available to Vendor under this Agreement.
The said information shall not be used by the Vendor for any purpose other than for the performance of its obligations under this Agreement. Vendor agrees that the unauthorized disclosure or use of such Information would cause irreparable harm and significant injury, the degree of which may be difficult to ascertain. Accordingly, Vendor agrees that the Company shall have the right to obtain an immediate injunction from any court of competent jurisdiction restraining breach of this Agreement and/or disclosure of the Confidential Information. Company shall also have the right to pursue any other rights or remedies available at law or equity for such a breach.
- Limitation of liability:
Under no circumstances, except in case of breach of contract, will either party be liable to the other party for lost profits, or for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the subject matter of this Agreement, regardless of the type of claim and even if that party has been advised of the possibility of such damages, such as, but not limited to loss of revenue or anticipated profits or loss of business, unless such loss or damages is proven by the aggrieved party to have been deliberately caused by the other party.
- Relationship of Parties
Nothing in this Agreement will be construed as creating a relationship of partnership, joint venture, agency or employment between the Parties. The Company shall not be responsible for the acts or omissions of the Vendor and Vendor shall not have any right, power or authority to speak for, represent, bind or assume any obligation on behalf of the Company.
- Waiver and Amendment
19.1. No waiver of any breach of any provision of this Agreement constitutes a waiver of any prior, concurrent or subsequent breach of the same or any other provisions, and will not be effective unless made in writing and signed by an authorized representative of the waiving Party.
19.2. Except as expressly set out in this Agreement, no amendment is binding on the Parties unless it is in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of each of the Parties.
- Force Majeure
Neither Party shall be responsible or liable for any delay or failure to perform its obligations (other than an obligation to make payment) under this Agreement due to unforeseen circumstances or any event which is beyond that Party’s reasonable control and without its
fault or negligence, but not limited to, natural disasters, war, riots, embargoes, strikes, lockouts, acts of any Government authority, delays in obtaining licenses or rejection of applications under the Statutes, failure of telephone connections or power failure, fire or floods.
This Agreement may be executed in two (2) counterparts, each of which shall be deemed an original and which shall together constitute one Agreement.
Sign-up fees as specified
[define the sign-up fees here]
Sign-up fees is said to be free for all Nigerian Manufacturers until deem fit.